BOOTLE C.B.

Bootle (near Liverpool) was absorbed into the newly formed Merseyside Fire Brigade from 1st April 1974.

This line up at the old Bootle Fire Station was seen in 1898.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

This second line up was seen 30 years later in 1928.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Another 30 years later, the building seems to have altered little, but the appliances had changed significantly by 1959.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Finally, this particular line up shows more changes even though it was 8 years later than that above in 1967.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

The former Fire Station on Strand Road, Bootle seen another 40 years on, in February 2007.
[Copyright picture ~ M. Smith and reproduced with permission.]

Horse-drawn Hose Carriage.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Horse Drawn appliances seen at the May Day celebrations in 1911.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Bootle Fire Brigade Ambulance.
Unfortunately it is not clear how many cases had been taken to hospital since 30 May 1889.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

The ambulance and escape on Hornby Boulevard.
The caption at the bottom states "2 LIFESAVERS ON DUTY AT MATCHWORKS FIRE"
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Horse-drawn Escape Carrier.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Aster Merrywaether Pump Escape, EM110, new in 1915.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Another shot fo EM110 with Bootle Firefighters also dating back to 1915.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Leyland Braidwood EM919 was seen in the May Day Parade, 1925.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Dennis 'Light 6' pump EM2379
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Leyland Pump EM3082 which dates back to 1935.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Green Goddess NYV558 was hard at work during an exercise in North Wales in June 1965.
[Picture from the MFRS collection and reproduced with permission.]

Similar appliance NYV559 was also seen in North Wales in June 1965.
[Picture from the MFRS collection and reproduced with permission.]

Dennis F7 EM4617 was one of the earlier appliances of this type.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

The Bootle Sub-Station was based on Park Lane, not far from the present Merseyside Headquarters.
[Copyright picture ~ N. Glover and reproduced with permission.]

Former Bootle Dennis F26 AEM985 was seen when in the reserve fleet.
[From the A. Daley collection and reproduced with permission.]

Dennis EM5512 was seen in St. Helens in 1976.

Dennis F8 EM5512 remained in preservation, latterly in the West Midlands, and was donated the the Merseyside Heritage and Education Centre by Mr. John Bowen, 13 June 2012.

John Bowen with Danny Murphy at the handover.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

EM5512 at the Official Opening of the new Bootle/Netherton Community Fire Station, with decals added, 14 August 2012.

Commer QX EM6681 was seen at the front of the old Bootle Fire Station.
[Copyright picture ~ Pete Ashley and reproduced with permission.]

Bootle '3' Dennis F26 EM8536 seen at Strand Road.
[Copyright picture ~ Pete Ashley and reproduced with permission.]

Dennis F35 EEM47E Pump Escape passed into preservation and was seen at Malpas, 13 September 2009.
[Copyright picture ~ B.Green and reproduced with permisson.]

Dennis F48 KEM90J working to full capacity.
[Additional picture below.]
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Bootle Emergency Tender KEM475K was seen at the Fire Exhibition at Harrogate in 1971.
[Copyright picture ~ Ian Moore and rerpoduced with permission.]

C5 BOOTLE
[aka STRAND ROAD]

Dennis F119 'Orbitor'  HEM698H began life with Bootle County Borough
[Copyright picture ~ A. Kent and reproduced with permission.]

Another picture of Dennis F48 KEM90J whilst in use as a reserve appliance with Merseyside.
[Picture courtesy MF&RS and reproduced with permission.]

Dennis F49 ~ LEM166K
[Copyright photograph ~ D. Carville and reproduced with permission.]

ERF LFY462R formerly based at Bootle was seen at a major blazed alongside TCM167L the ex Birkenhead E.T.
[Copyright picture ~ Andy Daley and reproduced with permission.]

BOOTLE/NETHERTON
[aka BUCKLEY HILL]

The original Bootle/Netherton Fire Station.

After the batch of ERFs, Merseyside returned to Dennis in 1977/78 as exemplified by NHF289S
[Copyright picture ~ A. Kent and reproduced with permission.]

Dennis RS DWM614Y was seen at the front of the station.
[Copyright picture ~ A. Kent and reproduced with permission.]

Dennis RS DWM614Y was seen at the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway in Cumbria, 4 June 2012.

Dodge E495UKF was possibly in the reserve fleet when this picture was taken.
[Copyright picture ~ K. Howarth and reproduced with permission.]

After disposal, E495UKF saw further service in County Wexford where it was re-registered 87-WX-3260.  It was seen at Gorey in 2003.
[Copyright picture ~ A. Middleton and reproduced with permission.]

Dennis SS H937JKD was seen at the station, 15 April 2004.

Dennis SS K858NEM was also seen at the station, 15 April 2004.

Although it served at various stations, Scania Y246XRN was based here when it was seen arriving at the Royal Seaforth Dock, 1 March 2009.
[Copyright picture ~ K. Howarth and reproduced with permission.]

Rebodied Dennis Sabre T657CCK was originally based at neighbouring Crosby Fire Station.
It was seen leaving the Royal Seaforth Dock, 1 March 2009.
[Copyright picture ~ K. Howarth and reproduced with permission.]

MAN DK60DVR was seen in Knowsley, 2 February 2012.




BOOTLE/NETHERTON HOME PAGE

MERSEYSIDE LIBRARY INDEX